Saturday, December 24, 2011

Brain Power

I haven't added to this blog for a while and I know that everybody is wondering why.  (Actually nobody noticed.)

Anyway, today I want to share with you a game that I invented and call "Joe's Triplets."  Many years ago, before the age of cell phones that contained games and other fantastic "apps", I would get bored driving or being driven for long trips.  Looking for license plates from other States quickly loses interest.  Something else was needed.  So, I developed this game:

As you progress through an area with parked or moving cars, check out the first three letters of selected license plates.  Take those three letters and make up words or phrases using those letters, in order.  It's as simple as that, but mind-expanding if you concentrate.   For example, last Tuesday, while walking through the Social Security Headquarters parking lot in Baltimore, I copied down the first three letters from the license plates of some of the cars I passed.  As I did, I made up words and phrases from the letters, and wrote them down as follows: (the parking lot guard watched me very carefully as I did this)

Letters    Phrase or Word Examples

MPW     manpower     moping wimp     lame paws

KPL     Park Place     dark palace     take a pulse

HDR     header     hot dog relish     shade roller

KBF     black buffalo     kick-boxing fighter     pink bifocals

MTF     mountain flower     a minute to five     mouthy fink!

XCZ     excess zest     extra cut zinnias     tax-cut denizens

KHS     pink house     skinheads     thick thumbs

LTL     little     last lamb     Atlanta Lions

WYC  Wayne County     Why complain?     chewy cupcakes

KYH     keyhole     frisky hound     skinny youth

Now I know that some license plates do not start with all letters, so I have developed this variant.  If the first three positions of the plate start with any of the numbers from 1 to 9, change the numbers to the corresponding letters of the alphabet, A through I.  (Zero always counts as the letter O.)

68Z  becomes FHZ  -  fish zipper     fight zone     flashy Amazon

32J  becomes  CBJ  -  Cabin John     I can buy Jello.     Crummy beer joint!

7K6  becomes GKF - aging kinfolk     Go kill the fleas!     eighty kingfishers

I must warn you, this becomes addictive.  I've been doing it for many many years and I can't stop.  However, if you do try this game, in no time at all, you will have stretched and enriched your brain so much that Mr. Alzheimer will be unable to penetrate it.  Soon, you will be as smart as Professor Einstein...

I guarantee it!



Happy New Year 2012!

........................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment